Two legendary motorsport names are teaming up to chase glory on Australian racetracks.
Brock Race Engineering and MG Motor Australia have joined forces to create MG Motorsport Australia and contest the full 2018 Australian Production Car championship season with the race-proven MG6 PLUS sports sedan in the Production E class.
Brock Race Engineering team owner James Brock, continues the racing legacy started by his father, Australia’s greatest touring car driver, Peter Brock. James will lead the MG Motorsport Australia team both off the track and behind the wheel as one of the drivers.
Brock Race Engineering owner and MG Motorsport Australia Team Principal James Brock is looking forward to putting the race-proven MG6 PLUS to the test in Australia’s production car motorsport category.
“Brock Race Engineering is thrilled to be partnering with MG Motor Australia,” said Brock. “The MG6 Plus delivers a winning combination of dynamism, aero efficiency and performance to make it a highly competitive package from day one.”
Brock is no stranger to competing at the highest levels of Australian motorsport. He not only grew up around racetracks, he been a regular competitor in some of Australia’s best-known racing categories since the early 2000s, even taking on his famous father Peter in the 2003 Bathurst 24 Hour.
2018 AUSTRALIAN PRODUCTION CARS CALENDAR
- Round One – Sandown Raceway – May 11-13 – Four x One-Hour Races*
- Round Two – Queensland Raceway – July 27-29 – Two x 300km Raceway (including the Fight in the Night)*
- Round Three – Winton Motor Raceway – August 31 – September 2 – Two x Two-Hour Races*
- Round Four – Sydney Motorsport Park – September 21-23 – One x Four-Hour Race*
- Round Five – Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit – November 2-4 – One x Six-Hour Race (APC Run-Event)