MG Motor Australia is supportive of the NSW grants recently announced that will see up to 3,500 electric vehicle chargers across regional areas.

MG Motor Australia is leading the way and helping to establish a destination charging network by covering the difference in cost for successful applicants of this regional grant who’ve purchased a MG ChargeHub – this essentially makes the MG EV ChargeHub free for eligible regional sites in NSW.

The grants will be made available to regional councils, that can apply to install EV chargers at places like motels, wineries, cafes, restaurants, natural attractions, and museums, with the NSW Government grant covering up to 75 per cent towards buying up to four alternating current (AC) destination chargers per site location and MG Motor Australia will cover the remaining 25% if a MG EV ChargeHub is purchased and grant successfully approved.

The NSW Government grant will also cover up to 75 per cent towards charger installation, and up to 50 per cent towards a two-year charger software subscription.

Peter Ciao, CEO for MG Motor Australia and New Zealand, said this is a positive step and builds on what the company has already been doing in Australia to help promote EV travel locally.

“We want to grow local economies and support small businesses in areas impacted by Covid, bushfires and floods and that’s why we’re filling the gap in cost for our MG EV ChargeHub in conjunction with the grant.

“This initiative underlines MG Motor’s commitment to the Australian community which has supported us.

“When we launched the MG ZS EV in late 2020, we offered the model at a price that delivered great value to customers. This has, in turn, changed the conversation about pricing of electric vehicles in Australia.

“We have achieved our ambition of delivering value and driving discussion. Now, we take the next step by supplying charging hardware that can be used by many electric vehicle owners in Australia.”

The chargers will be able to provide top-ups to electric vehicle owners, the numbers of which are growing rapidly in the country, and in NSW in particular.

Neil Druce, the Managing Director of Junee Licorice and Chocolate Factory shared his reasons for immediately taking up the offer from the NSW Government and MG Motor Australia. By installing the MG EV ChargeHub and taking advantage of the grant, Mr Druce is creating sustainable tourism.

“We wanted to provide a greener service for our visitors,” Mr Druce said. “Part of being organic and conserving the planet aligns with our personal and professional philosophy for being kind to the planet.

“What we don’t want is turning the planet into a desert. Organics and conserving nature go hand in hand and that’s why I’ve chosen to install the MG EV ChargeHub at my business in Junee.”

If you are interested in making the change to EV visit- https://mgmotor.com.au/charging-solutions/