Warranty Terms and Conditions
General Information Regarding warranty
Term and Conditions (From November 2016)
1. Warranty Statement
2. Limited Warranty Items
3. Warranty Exclusions
4. Owners Responsibilities
- Guarantees repair replacement or adjustment, free of charge, by an authorised repairer, of any part which fails during the warranty period, as a result of a manufacturing or material defect.
- Guarantees paintwork repairs to defects such as blistering, peeling, cracking, discoloration or staining of the visible painted surface of the vehicle body panels occurring as a result of manufacturing or material defect.
- Guarantees all ‘wear and tear’ items, excluding tyres & batteries that are subject to failure as a result of a manufacturing or material defect during the first 12 months of the Warranty period or prior to the first scheduled chargeable main service, whichever is sooner.
- Guarantees any parts replaced under the terms of the warranty for the balance of the warranty period.
The Australian Consumer Law
The SAIC contractual warranty provided in Australia by SAIC Motors Australia PTY LTD is in addition to the rights and remedies that consumers may have under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (and in particular the Australian Consumer Law (ACL)) and other applicable Commonwealth, State and Territory legislation. In particular, a consumer may have rights under the ACL to a repair, refund or replacement, even in circumstances where for whatever reason the SAIC Motor contractual warranty is invalid or is otherwise not available.
The contractual warranty does not affect any statutory rights or remedies, except to the extent that their application may be lawfully excluded.
6 Year Unlimited Warranty Period - Private / General Fleet & Government Vehicles
Commences on the day the vehicle is first registered or the date of sale to its first owner whichever is the sooner and is irrespective of change of ownership. The vehicle is covered for a period of 6 years and Unlimited Kilometers.
6 Year or 150,000kms (Whichever comes first) Warranty Period - - Private / General Fleet & Government VehiclesCommercial Commercial Commercial Use Vehicles
The warranty terms provided on commercial use vehicles is covered for a period of 6 years or 150,000kms whichever comes first.
The Warranty Commences on the day the vehicle is first registered or the date of sale to its first owner whichever is the sooner and is irrespective of change of ownership
The 6 Year or 150,000 Kilometre Warranty (whichever occurs first) applies to vehicles used at any time during the warranty period for Commercial Use, this would include but is not limited to vehicles used for Rental purpose, Taxi, Courier vehicle, Driving School vehicle, Hire Car, Security vehicle or Bus and Tour vehicle.
Warranty Start Date
In all cases, the contractual warranty commences upon the registration of the vehicle. This then becomes the contractual warranty start date as entered by the dealer to MG Motor System.
Warranty END Date
The warranty will expire at midnight the date before the warranty start date, six (6) years after the warranty start date. For example, Warranty Start Date 15/06/2013 identifies a Warranty End Date 14/06/2019.
6 Year Anti Perforation Warranty
MG Warranty provides a Six (6) year anti-perforation warranty defined as rust through corrosion of the painted metal body panels from the inside or underside of the panels occurring as a result of faulty workmanship or materials used during the original manufacturing process of the vehicle. Details of the inspections must be recorded in the service handbook duly completed at the time of the periodic inspection visits is required for any claims under the Anti-Perforation Warranty.
6 Year Paint Warranty
SAIC vehicles are guaranteed by the manufacturer against any defect in the original paintwork for a period of six (6) years from the date of delivery or registration, as entered on the Warranty Certificate supplied with the vehicle.
The original vehicle battery installed at the factory will be covered for a period of one (1) year or 20,000kms whichever comes first
The New Vehicle Warranty does not include tyres, these are covered by the warranties provided by the tyre manufacturers or suppliers and any claim for tyres should be directed to the nearest tyre supplier or manufacturer service agent.
The roof decals installed through the approved MG Motor decal supplier network will be covered for a period of two (2) years.
Warranty Terms and Conditions
SAIC Motor Australia Pty LTD reserves the right to make changes in content, description or terms of the warranty policy if it’s deemed necessary by legislation or business objectives and agree to give MG Dealers notice of any changes.
MG Warranty conditions require that:
- All claims are notified to, and carried out by, an authorised MG repairer during the Warranty period.
- Warranty paint rectification must be arranged by the authorised MG repairer in accordance with MG repair procedures.
- All repairs, damage rectification or fitting of replacement parts and accessories are carried out by an authorised MG repairer and in accordance with MG instructions.
- The vehicle has not been altered from the original specification, where said alterations maybe found to be the cause of any subsequent component failure.
- The body panels are inspected annually throughout the warranty period by an authorised MG repairer, and any rectification work found necessary is carried out in accordance with MG’s recommendations.
- The vehicle has not suffered from neglect, improper repair, or improper use, and has been properly cleaned, maintained and serviced in accordance with MG’s recommendations.
- Each main service is carried out within 3000 kilometers or 28 days of the recommended mileage interval or service anniversary date as shown on the Service Interval Plan (within the service portfolio) and that the appropriate Service Record page is stamped and endorsed by the servicing agent. Vehicles must be serviced in accordance with specified service schedules as issued by SAIC Motor Ltd and parts that meet the original equipment specifications must be used. Whilst the Warranty will not be invalidated if a non-authorised MG repairer carries out this work, Warranty faults resulting from work carried out by a non- authorised repairer may not be covered under the MG Warranty. If the service is not carried out within this time, then the vehicles warranty may be affected
- MG approved parts are used for repairs effected under warranty, the MG authorised repairer reserves the right to reject any claim where it is felt that the cause of the defect is due to the use of a non-approved part.
- The vehicle is not used for rallying, racing or competition purposes of any kind.
- The vehicle is not subjected to any load heavier than the maximum recommended by the manufacturer.
There are some uses, natural occurrences and aspects of ownership that are excluded and not covered by the warranty. These are described below:
- Replacement of parts that are subject to normal wear and tear (which may vary depending on the usage of the vehicle, its kilometers, geographical and climatic environment) whose replacement does not result from a defect
- Any fault caused by use of the vehicle for racing, rallying, speed trailing, hill climbing or similar activities or competitive events
- Any fault as a result of using the vehicle for a purpose other than for which it was designed, e.g., all terrain use
- Driver negligence, misuse or abuse, e.g., tampering, disconnection, loading or towing beyond the manufacturer’s specifications, or continuing to drive the vehicle after loss of fluids, lubricants, oils, coolants, refrigerants or water
- Accident, impact or fire
- The breakage or scratching of glass occurring after delivery of the vehicle to the customer. The breakage or scratching of glass occurring after delivery of the vehicle to the customer.The breakage or scratching of glass occurring after delivery of the vehicle to the customer. The breakage or scratching of glass occurring after delivery of the vehicle to the customer.Modifications, alterations or repairs that have not been approved by MG
- Failure to have the vehicle inspected, serviced and repaired strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and recommendations
- Installation or use of non-genuine parts, fluids, accessories, equipment, assemblies or components
- Failure to have the vehicle repaired promptly and in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations following an accident or other damage, or after a defect becomes known or suspected
- Any vehicle that has been written off by an insurer, or any repair, replacement or alteration not authorised by MG, experimental adjustments or vehicles modified in any way from MG’s specification
- Theft, illegal use or malicious damage by a third person
- Damage resulting from the use of non-recommended, inappropriate or dirty fuel, additives, oil, fluids, lubricants, coolants, refrigerants or water
- Any repairs carried out on the vehicle by a person or persons other than an authorised MG Cars dealer or repairer without SAIC Motor Australia PTY LTD’s prior approval
- Failure to maintain and care for the vehicle, including but not limited to, its body, trim and paintwork, in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations, e.g., use of unsuitable cleaning agents
- Environmental conditions, including but not limited to, acid rain, industrial fall-out, salt, sand, stones, tree sap, bird or animal droppings, windstorm, hail, flood, lightening, or other acts of God
- Repairs or work required, that forms part of the New Vehicle Preparation (PDI), or as a result of poor preparation of the vehicle prior to delivery to the customer
- The reoccurrence of a fault due to the quality of work performed or a diagnosis error by a dealer, otherwise known as rework
- Wheel rims and tyres damaged or defective as a result of impact
- Normal maintenance including adjustments (front axle, wheel alignment etc.) periodic servicing, cleaning or replacement of oil, air, fuel and passenger compartment filters, wiper rubbers or any item that would be classified as a maintenance item
- Vehicle Glass breakage or scratching occurring after delivery to the customer.
- Any Exploratory dismantling charges will only be reimbursed as part of a claim. It is the responsibility of the warranty holder to authorise and to pay the charges if it is proved that the failure is not the responsibility of MG.
- Panel gaps which are considered to be representative of manufacturer’s design intent.
- Appearance defects which are not apparent unless magnified or which are considered to be of minor cosmetic nature and having no affect upon the general appearance or quality of the vehicle or, which are representative of the standard of finish accepted by the manufacturer.
MG Genuine Parts Warranty Terms and Conditions
- MG provides 12 months unlimited mileage warranty on MG genuine replacement parts. Only parts appearing in the MG retail price list are the responsibility of MG for Warranty purposes.
- Only MG genuine parts may be used for repairs under warranty.
- SAIC Motor Australia Pty LTD does not recommend the fitment of non-genuine, unapproved or Unauthorised accessories. MG Genuine Accessories are engineered designed and to provide correct fitment and durability, as well as ensuring the full compliance with all relevant domestic legislation.
- Non-genuine, unapproved or Unauthorised accessories are NOT covered by the MG New Vehicle Warranty. In the event of a concern the warranty provided by the respective manufacturers or suppliers must be followed
The Vehicle owner is fully responsible for operating and maintaining your MG Vehicle in accordance with the instructions described in your Owner’s Manual or contained above in the warranty exclusions listings.